1. I don’t know anybody? It is the best way to start knowing people in your comunity. As the Event Master doors will open for you to talk with everybody you want to. As it is a Charity Event, most people will be open and willing to participate.
2. I’m not a speaker? Make a slide show and read your text; it will be good enough. Hire someone to speak in your name. Make an employee speak for the business. Invite a professional speaker. Go to Toastmasters to learn the speaking.
3. What if I’m brand new to this business? It is a very quick way to establish yourself as the authority. You are the one who is organizing all this, bringing all this people together, speak with established businesses at the same stage, you are offering the product / service. No one will question you. Outsource all the work. (the contracts, event organization)
4. I get too many clients? It is the luxury problem you were dreaming about! You can hire people to handle your extra clients. You can fire clients you don’t like to work with. You can raise your price. You can partner with somebody. You can choose who to work with.
The Event Execution
You want to make sure you have a checklist so you wont forget anything, you have the right equipment. This will help you feeling more confident and helps the event run smooth.
You also will need the help of 1 or 2 people “go-for” to help you out with anything, go get the things you forgot at the evening of the event, talk with the facilitators when something goes wrong. Are there enough tables for the Gold JV Partners? Do they have chairs, also for their clients? Collect the door money. Get the forms filled in for invoices to send to people who paid at the door.
At the Event Execution:
1. Film the event: it will be your marketing promotion material
2. the Speakers: They have 20 minutes at the stage with 5 minutes break in between.
3. Big Break: In the middle of the program.
4. You: Mostly the best time to speak is 2nd after the big break. When you go first, people do not have full attention yet. Did not show up yet. If you go last: it might happen that people are sleeping, left to go home.
How to take action?
Recap the lesson and personalize with your own bright ideas, experiences and knowledge. However, this list will give you a head start. Remember to tick of the boxes when finished the task. There is some logic to the list: You will find more easy JV partners when you have the event. You will have more easy a venue donated when you have a charity… but feel free to do it your way.
When will the event take place? Overview the time line. Mostly it will take 4 to 8 weeks to organize the Event. It will take a few hours a week.
Which Charity? Make your list, aks the qualification questions, and pick one
Which Venue? Make your list, aks the qualification questions, and close.
Create marketing collateral: contracts with clear communication about expectations and responsabilities JV’s must do before, during and after the event. Design brochure / flyer / mediakit / event website. Sign up papers for the people at the event (to buy your service / product)
Which JV Partners? Make your list, aks the qualification questions, send out contracts with clear communication about expectations and responsabilities they must do before, during and after the event.
Collection JV Partners? Sponsor money, the logo type, their bio for introduction at the event. Contact details as website and email for brochures, marketing, program.
Launch Leverage: Start campaign for others to promote your event and for introduction of the event. Press releases, newspapers, radio. Make media kit to send around.
Launch Event Website: introduction of the event, registration field and autoresponders. Marketing of the website.
Promote your event: JV Partners promotion: create material for them to drive their contact list towards registration. See: email scripts, post card, phone scripts
Putting up your event: Make your presentation about your service or product. Check list event. Execute event.
Post event success plan: See follow up emails, post event sales page on website. Keep JV Partners warm.
Turbo Charge your Business
When systemized and all in place, your marketing funnel will give you on a consistent basis the clients you need.
Once you’ve done the marketing and have it all in system and in place, you can automate all of your marketing campaigns.
— Do you need help and personalized guidance, while you can pick my brain? Then book your Marketing VIP day in which you’ll work on “How to have a consistent flow of leads, prospects and income coming into your business.”
[button link=”http://beseen-beknown.com/vip-day-startup-business/” type=”big” color=”orange”] ⇒ Learn more about your 1:1 workshop “Marketing for a Starting Business”[/button]
Till next time, keep your dreams high and keep moving forward in little steps. Remember: it’s always your best next step to focus on.
Thank you for being a valued visitor!
Cheers to your success!